Suggestions, Comments and Complaints

Making a Suggestion

We are continually looking to turn our patients’ feedback into real improvements in the services we provide.

To do this effectively, the practice needs to know what you think about the services you receive.

Tell us what we do best, where we don’t meet expectations, and any ideas and suggestions you may have by completing our friends and family test.

Making a complaint

We are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint.

If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

If you wish to make a formal complaint you should do so preferably as soon as possible, ideally within a few days, as this helps us to establish what happened easily.

In any event, this should be:

  • Within 12 months of the incident
  • Within 12 months of you discovering that you have a problem

State your case clearly giving as much detail as you can.

To pursue a complaint please fill out a feedback form to deal with your concerns appropriately.

We are able to provide you with a separate complaints form to register your complaint that includes a third-party authority form to enable a complaint to be made by someone else.

What we do next

We aim to settle complaints as soon as possible, and to acknowledge receipt of complaints within 3 working days.

We aim to have looked into the matter within 3 months. You may then receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person concerned to attempt to resolve the issue.

When looking into a complaint we attempt to see what happened and why, to see if there is something we can learn from this.

Where your complaint involves more than one organisation (e.g. social services) we will liaise with that organisation so that you receive one coordinated reply.

We may need your consent to do this.

Where your complaint has been sent initially to an incorrect organisation, we may seek your consent to forward this to the correct person to deal with.

When the investigation is complete a final response will be sent to you.

If you are Dissatisfied with the Outcome

If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with by the practice, contact the parliamentary and health service ombudsman (PHSO).

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP

Tel: 0345 015 4033


You can find detailed information on raising a complaint on the parliamentary and health ombudsman website: